Recipe: buckwheat pancakes
Have you already had breakfast? This buckwheat pancake recipe from the book Super (Good) Food by nutritionist and performance food coach Marcus Schall reissues the breakfast classic.
The buckwheat pancakes recipe can also be prepared without eggs and therefore vegan. To do this, simply take ground flax seeds and let them soak a little in water. You can find more details in the recipe. Bon appetit!
For the buckwheat pancakes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 eggs; Vegan variant: 4 tablespoons of ground linseed, mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 ml plant milk; for the vegan version maybe 30-50 ml more
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 2 tbsp whole cane sugar
- 200 g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil or another fat for frying
- Separate eggs. Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff. Beat egg yolks, plant milk, vanilla and sugar with a hand mixer. For the vegan version, mix linseed with water, plant milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Mix flour and baking powder and add to the whipped mixture. If the dough is too thick, add a little more plant milk, or buckwheat flour if it is too runny. Then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry the dough over low heat until golden brown on both sides.